Cloud Specialist (API Solutions)
Job Description :
- Possess an understanding of the full API lifecycle, including designing, developing, publishing & sharing APIs internally or externally.
- Design, develop and transform API orchestrations to support or integrate with business applications for SME, Enterprise, and various industry verticals.
- API design/modeling using Swagger 2.0.
- Writing Open API specifications and knowledge of smart docs into API Developer Portal.
- Responsible for timely documentation of technical design and specifications in accordance with the business specifications.
- Use the Apigee API Management platform to create and manage API proxies to provide value-added features.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring API proxies are running on Apigee using the Trace tool.
- Evaluate the requirements, determine actionable tasks, and estimate and provide effort for business solution build and architecture.
- Perform operational readiness tasks and ensure production acceptance criteria are met.
- Respond to platform technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Work closely with the sales team for cloud-related sales opportunities
- Support Pre-Sales activities, i.e., proposal, systems design, proof-of-concept, demo, workshop conduct, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in API design, development, applications integration, and/or API proxies monitoring.
- Strong logical/analytical troubleshooting.
- Mandatory strong knowledge of hands-on development experience on the Apigee platform.
- Hands-on technical development to implement APIs and policies.
- Working experience using web services and APIs built on SOAP or REST and using XML or JSON through the web protocol.
- Knowledge of existing API Testing Tools (Postman, SoapUI, or any equivalent tools)
- Knowledge of securing data channels using various mechanisms (basic authentication, OAuth 2.0, etc.).
- Experience deploying and operating multi/hybrid-cloud platforms, such as Kubernetes, Anthos, etc., is a plus.