Workspace Collaboration (Cloud Computing)
Windows Linux System Engineer
What a day at work for you will look like:
- At least 2 years of experience operating in an Enterprise environment and processes (L2 or L3)
- Plan, deploy, manage and monitor systems and infrastructure of Windows server, Wintel, and Linux environment (90% Windows, 10% Linux);
- Daily operational tasks of system administration (health checks, pre and post-patch checks, troubleshooting, diagnostic)
- Deploy and configure server/VM builds to support the deployment of applications;
- Experienced using vSphere, ESXi and vCenter to manage, deploy, configure and patch will be advantageous for the candidate
- Take proactive actions to ensure that systems and infrastructure meet high levels of availability;
- Plan, manage, execute and close change requests and deployments
- Plan and perform patching following best practices (Build, test, snapshot, pilot, release, monitor, rollback)
- Perform an assessment of server environments and recommend changes to improve system performance and overall stability.
- Perform migrations / installations / upgrades of Windows operating systems and installed applications
- Maintain and operate complex Windows AD and domain controllers.
- Liaise with various vendors or personnel for troubleshooting and resolution;
- Be on standby for urgent matters, and perform hands-on troubleshooting as required.
To be successful in this role, you need to have:
- Proven experience in working with enterprise systems and environments
- Experience in patch management with dependencies planning
- Proven working experience in deploying, managing and troubleshooting Windows, File servers, domain controllers systems, and Linux
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (vSphere is preferred)
- Familiar with the process of monitoring systems and generating utilization and alerts reports
- Familiar with the process of IT change management