Senior HR Executive (People Operations)
To us, this role is the go-to person for all employee-related issues. This means that your duties will involve managing activities such as job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training & development and talent management.
This role is important to business success. People are our most important asset and you’ll be the one to ensure we have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realise our established mission and objectives. Promoting corporate values and shaping a positive culture is a vital aspect of a complete People Operations job description and specification.
What a day at work for you will look like:
- Support the People Operations Department by screening and interviewing applicants; orienting new employees; administering employee benefit programs.
- Monitors claims by reviewing claims; substantiating documentation; requesting management’s review.
- Maintains people operations records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, and changes in job classifications; tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
- Documents people operations actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes people operations department and organisation mission by completing related results as needed.
- Respond to people operations-related inquiries.
- Create and distribute internal communications regarding status changes, benefits, or company policies.
- Develop and maintain talent management processes.
- Collaborate with the human resources team to develop effective recruitment strategies.
- Internal audit of SOPs. Ensure all SOPs are met up to expectations;
- Ensuring onboarding, and offboarding documents are updated with employees and stored in the department folder.
- Keeping track of contracts are signed, filed and stored in respective folders.
- Updating the main payroll files for all departments.
- Ensuring HR Management Systems are updated with employees’ correct details.
- Tag buddy with the rest of the People Operations Team members.
- Assisting in IT assets procurement.
- Ensuring the MY office is well maintained and in-charge of facility operations.
- Assisting the commission hub, costings and external payroll.
- Ad-hoc assignments by the Manager.
To be successful in this role, you need to have:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal skills, people-oriented and results-driven.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Possess proactiveness, able to be independent, solid critical thinking mindset.
- Able to provide solutions and strategy development to enhance the department and workforce better.
- Ability to engage, establish and cultivate strong relationships with peers; across different levels of the organisation and externally.
- Willingness to always learn and enhance oneself with general knowledge and technologies.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of labour law and HR best practices.