A dedicated recruiter to join our People Operations Team in identifying hiring needs and filling job openings. The responsibilities of a recruiter include identifying future hiring needs, designing job descriptions, sourcing candidates through databases and social media, conducting interviews, filing paperwork, and keeping abreast of employment law and legislation. You should also monitor new and existing employees and act as their advocates.
A successful recruiter has excellent interpersonal skills, is organised and detail-oriented, remains up-to-date with employment legislature, and keeps informed in company hiring and internship programs. A good recruiter can assess candidates’ skills, experience, and relevant knowledge and compare them to job requirements. Sounds challenging? Great, let’s find out more!
What a day at work for you will look like:
- Design and implement the overall recruiting strategy.
- Identifying future hiring needs and developing job descriptions and specifications.
- Collaborating with department managers to compile a consistent list of requirements.
- Attracting suitable candidates through databases, online portals, social media, etc.
- Conducting interviews and sorting through applicants to fill open positions.
- Assessing applicants’ knowledge, skills, and experience to best suit open positions.
- Promoting the company’s reputation and attractiveness as a good employment opportunity.
- Keeping up-to-date on current employment legislation and regulations and enforcing them within the company.
- Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices.
- Providing analytical and well-documented recruitment reports to team managers.
To be successful in this role, you need to have:
- Proven work experience as a Recruiter (either an in-house recruiter or a staffing agency recruiter), a minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, stress etc)
- Hands-on experience with various selection processes (video interviewing, phone interviewing, reference check etc)
- Ability to organise skills assessment centres (in tray activities, work samples, psychometric and IQ/EQ tests, etc)
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Smooth and confident English communication skills.